https://evbite.com/new-mercedes-eqv-electric-minivan-set-to-debut-in-geneva/
New Mercedes EQV Electric Minivan Set to Debut in Geneva
February 3, 2019  David Mowatt

[image
https://i0.wp.com/evbite.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/18C0903_269.jpg
electric minivan
]

Mercedes-Benz Vans has recently announced their plan to debut their brand
new Concept EQV at the upcoming Geneva International Motor Show in March,
making them the first premium manufacturer to offer a completely electric
minivan.

The electric Concept EQV was first announced during Mercedes’ launch of
their updated and redesigned V-Class minivan (pictured above), which
initially debuted back in 2014. The EQV electric minivan will be the fifth
battery-electric Mercedes model from their EQ-line of vehicles following the
EQC SUV, EQA hatchback, EQS sedan, and EQB small SUV, and could potentially
serve as direct competition for Volkswagen’s upcoming I.D. BUZZ CARGO
electric work van.

In their most recent press release provided via parent company Daimler,
Mercedes explained:

    “In the MPV segment, Mercedes-Benz Vans will soon be taking the next
step and will be the first premium manufacturer to offer a fully-electric
model. Thus Mercedes-Benz Vans will consistently expand its comprehensive
eDrive@VANs strategy. With the eVito already available and the eSprinter due
for market launch in the second half of 2019, the range of fully-electric
vehicles will then be extended to include a model series for private use.

    Mercedes-Benz Vans will provide an initial outlook on the electric
future of its MPV at the Geneva International Motor Show with the
near-series study ‘Concept EQV’, which will celebrate its premiere there.”

Wilfried Porth, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG. Human
Resources and Director of Labor Relations, Mercedes-Benz Vans, commented on
the Concept EQV electric minivan, stating:

    “With the introduction of the V-Class five years ago, we showed that a
stylish and dynamic presence is also possible in XXL format. In doing so, we
were able to convince families, leisure adventurers and business customers
alike – from Europe right across to Asia. Proof of this can be found in the
209,000 or so V-Class units that have been sold since its market launch as
well as in the fact that the vehicle has one of the youngest buyer groups
across Mercedes-Benz. At the beginning of 2019, we’ll be continuing this
success story. With the facelift, we’re building on the strengths of our MPV
in a targeted manner. And we’ll soon also make the next big statement in
this segment by expanding our portfolio with a fully electric MPV.”

The Mercedes-Benz EQV electric minivan is expected to reach series
production by 2022.
[© evbite.com]
https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSite/en/instance/ko/Facelift-for-the-Mercedes-Benz-MPV-The-new-V-Class--the-successful-model-just-got-even-more-attractive.xhtml?oid=42420201
Facelift for the Mercedes-Benz MPV: The new V-Class – the successful model
just got even more attractive ...

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=MBenz+EQ&days=0
MBenz EQ

+
https://www.fastcompany.com/90297201/in-shanghai-every-ikea-delivery-is-now-made-with-an-electric-vehicle
In Shanghai, every Ikea delivery is now made with an electric vehicle
01.28.19  The company plans to fully decarbonize its delivery fleet in New
York, Los Angeles, Paris, Amsterdam, and Shanghai by 2020 (and its entire
fleet by 2025)In 2018, Ingka Group–the parent company of IKEA–made a bold
pledge: By 2025, the company will deliver every item worldwide by electric
vehicle. It started ...
https://images.fastcompany.net/image/upload/w_937,ar_16:9,c_fill,g_auto,f_auto,q_auto,fl_lossy/wp-cms/uploads/2019/01/p-1-90297201-in-shanghai-every-ikea-delivery-is-now-made-with-an-electric-vehicle.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/