On 3/11/19 8:29 AM, Dan Baker via EV wrote:
Hello EVDL members

I'm looking at replacing the lead pack on my pontoon boat this year with a

A very interesting discussion.

I have had very good luck using 36v hoverboard batteries in 36v golf carts. Massively paralleled, maybe as many as 40 HB batteries which are supposed to be 10S2P. About 5 HB batteries seem sufficient to run a golf cart; the larger number I use for range. Using standard 42v lithium chargers.

I started a 48v golf cart project using ~48v Volt modules. I had not settled on a good charging solution at the time I put the project aside; no OTS chargers to match the Volt voltage seem available.

I believe it is Lawrence here that put some 12v Valences in a scooter. Maybe 2S for 24v. I hope he keeps us apprised of successes and failures. The 12v lead replacement batteries are attractive mainly because they can supposedly be charged with lead chargers and are supposedly "bullet proof" in dealing with over demand and over charging.

If the price is low enough, I, personally, am willing to try something that may not work. I've bought some stuff through AliExpress and have been generally satisfied.

I encourage Dan to continue to post on his project.