https://www.caradvice.com.au/757107/electric-skoda-citigo-teased/
Electric Skoda Citigo teased
May 19, 2019  Derek Fung

[image
https://media.caradvice.com.au/image/private/c_fill,q_auto,f_auto,w_800,ar_16:9/nj4bknfs0tjwwu6wppa3.jpg
 sketch of Electric Skoda Citigo
]

Fully electric hatch will be launched alongside a plug-in hybrid Skoda
Superb next week.

The Czech brand's first electric car, a version of the Skoda Citigo, has
been teased ahead of its debut later this month.

Skoda has posted a sketch of its upcoming electric Citigo on Twitter,
stating the car “will make its grand entrance on 23 May in Bratislava”.

Judging by the sketch, the Citigo-e will sport minor design changes compared
to the petrol-powered versions.

Christian Strube, Skoda’s head of technical development, told Autocar at the
Geneva motor show the Citigo-e will have a driving range of around 300
kilometres.

That’s a significant increase on the Volkswagen e-Up sibling, which, at
present, is only capable of 160km according to the NEDC cycle.

The Citigo-e is expected to go into production at the end of 2019.

Skoda will also launch a plug-in hybrid variant of the Superb at the May 23
event. It is expected to have an electric driving range of 70km.

As part of the Volkswagen Group’s aggressive electrification push, the Czech
automaker plans to launch six all-electric vehicles and four plug-in hybrids
by 2025.

Many, if not most, of the pure electric Skodas will be based on the MEB
platform, which will make its production debut underneath the Volkswagen
ID.3.
[© caradvice.com.au]

http://www.carglancer.com/first-series-electric-skoda-will-be-presented-on-may-23/
First Series Electric Skoda Will Be Presented On May 23
May 19, 2019 ... before the official premiere, scheduled for May 23, Skoda
has published a sketch of its first electric vehicle – the Citigo-e ... the
details will become known pretty soon – on May 23 in Bratislava, Slovakia,
when an official presentation of Skoda's first EV takes place ...
https://i2.wp.com/www.carglancer.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Skoda-Citigo-2017-1280-0d-e1558276737244.jpg

+
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/05/19/there-is-tesla-and-then-there-are-automotive-dinosaurs/
There Is Tesla, And Then There Are Automotive Dinosaurs
May 19th, 2019  ... When I drove my Model 3 away from the Tesla store, it
was my first electric car .... code when securing the future of your driving
experience ...
https://cleantechnica.com/files/2019/05/Screen-Shot-2019-05-17-at-1.16.40-PM.png

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/