Usually when a bms or computer has a problem, it will disable driving, but
it depends on the vehicle design.
Your problem however suggests that the onboard charger has a problem and
faults. Some chargers use a resettable breaker or GFCI monitor, so it might
be as simple as resetting the safety device or flipping the breaker off and
on again.
I have also seen onboard chargers blow up for whatever reason.
I hope it is something simple, though swapping in a working salvage charger
is possible and I have already done that on a fellow EVer's 2011 Leaf,
including swapping over the coolant loop and HV circuitry.
Cor.