I wonder why they didn't' design a battery warmer into the case (at least I assume they didn't). Seems that would have made a tremendous difference in this case.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mark Abramowitz via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Mark Abramowitz" <ma...@enviropolicy.com>; "brucedp5" <bruce...@juno.com>
Sent: 28-May-19 11:54:38 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] BYD's(style.cn) inflated range ratings bite them in the arse

It’s not about whether or not the range is lower at lower temperatures, or what
you get in your car, but the accuracy of the claims being made by vendors of
zero emission technologies, and the commitments they make to customers.

BYD has some *great* products and is run by sone great folks, but this kind of
thing undermines the ability to transform fleets to zero emissions. It hurts
all of us working  in the field when companies fail to meet the contracted
performance specs in their contracts.

And this is not the only similar horror story I’ve heard (though not
necessarily about BYD).

There is really no excuse for this. I will likely see BYD’s President later
this week, and will be expressing my disappointment.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone