On 6 Jul 2019 at 18:45, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> Sitharaman said the increase in the duty on petrol and diesel announced
> in the budget was not meant to hurt the middle class, but address
> environmental concerns.

Good luck with that.  Macron tried the same argument in France, and combined
with big tax cuts for the rich folks, his proposed fuel tax increase was the
final straw that ignited the "Yellow Vests" protests.

I understand what Sitharaman is trying to do, but without wanting to insult
anyone, getting people to do the right thing is a lot like training a dog.
You get much better results with rewards for desirable behavior than with
punishment for undesirable behavior.  (I wish my bosses at work had figured
that out.)

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator