I haven't looked closely at this, but panels with on board micro-inverters
are nice because you can buy one now, buy another one later, etc., until
you have the kW you want. They output 120VAC.  Seems like a good way to
support an EV, or at least cover some of the charging with solar.

I suspect that trying to have home EV charging all from solar, is the same
problem as running a home with all solar - it really drives up cost
planning for peak demand, and dealing with cloudy days - fi you are going
to store a large excess that is going to be a a lot of batteries. It makes
a grid tied system the economically pleasing choice. You can grid tie
micro-inverter panels.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>