I own one and I have walked the hills in San Fran, you are not going to
like it there. You will bust a gut trying to go up, and wish it was a car
trying to slow and stop going down. I speak from experience as a long time
cyclist and one who commuted 25 miles each way on an ELF. You had better be
in shape if there is much distance or inclination.

I maintained mine myself, but finding experience mech help willing to work
on it will be non trivial. Earlier models had a power train that was
troublesome. If the motor is hub mounted rather than as a mid drive, then
there are durability issues. Not sure why you care about wheel diameter. It
is not worth worrying about that, just pump them up hard.

You buy it and you will find out why the price has taken a dive. Buy it for
yourself, not for a wife or SO.