An interesting development.  Quantum has done a number of key EV integration
projects, including a set of Toyota Prius (or was it a RAV4?) plug-ins that
were not sanctioned by Toyota.

https://ngtnews.com/xl-acquires-quantum-fuels-ev-division-appoints-new-ceo?utm_medium=email&utm_source=LNH+10-17-2019&utm_campaign=+Latest+News+Headlines

XL Acquires Quantum Fuel’s EV Division, Appoints New CEO
October 15, 2019

Dimitri Kazarinoff, new CEO of XL
XL, a provider of vehicle electrification solutions for commercial and
municipal fleets, has acquired the electrification division of Quantum Fuel
Systems, a provider of alternative fuel systems for the automotive and
heavy-duty fleet industries.

Per the terms of the transaction, XL has acquired the engineering staff and
technology assets of Quantum Fuel’s electric vehicle division, providing
capacity to accelerate its product development plans for heavy-duty and fully
electric propulsion applications. XL will continue to operate Quantum’s Lake
Forest, Calif., office.

In addition, XL has appointed Dimitri Kazarinoff, formerly with Eaton Corp. and
AVL Powertrain Engineering, its new CEO. XL’s founder and original CEO, Tod
Hynes, is remaining with the company as chief strategy officer and will
maintain his position on the company’s board of directors.

“I’m excited to be able to execute our long-standing plan of bringing on a new
chief executive at this juncture of XL’s history,” says Hynes. “This is the
right time to build upon our 10 years of success, and Dimitri is the right
leader to accelerate our growth moving forward.”

In addition to Kazarinoff, XL has added Rob Kisiel to its leadership team as
vice president of supply chain and production. With two decades of supply chain
experience across a range of industries, Kisiel is responsible for optimizing
XL’s supplier partner and installation ecosystem and scaling it for growth.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone