https://www.bclocalnews.com/news/electric-vehicle-enthusiasts-charged-up-over-new-ev-association-in-nanaimo/
Electric vehicle enthusiasts charged up over new EV association in Nanaimo
Jan. 14, 2020  Chris Bush

[image
https://44xv8hmm4vs44orqs2ehffgq-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/20122233_web_200110-NBU-ElectricCarClub-P1100649-1200x800.jpg
Joyce Lee, co-chairperson of the newly formed Mid Vancouver Island Electric
Vehicle Association, hopes electric vehicle enthusiasts will join the club
and help promote electric vehicles and support infrastructure in Nanaimo and
the region. (Chris Bush/News Bulletin)
]

Mid Vancouver Island Electric Vehicle Association will promote technology
and infrastructure

Electric vehicle owners in Nanaimo are looking for like-minded drivers who
would like to join an electric car club.

The Mid Vancouver Island Electric Vehicle Association will hold its first
meeting Sunday, Jan. 19.

MVI-EVA has been formed as a way to “accelerate change” by promoting
electric cars, said Joyce Lee, the association’s co-chairperson, and the
association at this point is made up of electric car owners who were meeting
at car charging stations and getting together for coffee.

“I met everybody at charging stations and the Petro Canada one is a great
quality people-meeting place,” Lee said. “I size people up, you know, and I
pull in there with my car and there’s somebody charging and I take a look at
them and I think they’re probably somebody who might be interested in my
pitch about joining the society.”

MVI-EVA, Lee said, offers opportunities to meet people who are passionate
about electric vehicles and want to create a “clean, quiet future.”

The association is also promoting the installation of infrastructure to
support electric vehicles within municipalities.

MVI-EVA meetings are being scheduled for the third Sunday of each month at 2
p.m. at the Harris Kia dealership on Bowen
Road [(map)
https://goo.gl/maps/5a26oT4CkWCvevKL8
], which has supplied the group free space to hold its meetings, and casual
coffee chats about “everything EV” are being held every second Monday at 10
a.m. at the Serious Coffee in Parksville [(map)
https://goo.gl/maps/Xezg99cHevfxWF3VA
]. Lee said there are about 35 people who either get together directly or
associate on Facebook.

“We’ve got people that come regularly who say, ‘Yeah, we want to do this,'”
Lee said. “We have people getting together in Parksville for coffee chats,
so we’ve got, regularly, people who visit our Facebook page, come to coffee
chats and say they’re really committed to getting the society going.”

Lee said she hopes to have a core group of about 100 members by September
who would be interested in attending car shows and doing other work to
promote electric vehicles.

The association’s first meeting will host a guest speaker who will give a
presentation on home electric vehicle charging stations.

To learn more about the association, get updates on electric vehicle
technology and infrastructure and keep up to date on meeting times and
locations, visit the MVI-EVA Facebook page at https://bit.ly/2QQwWNd [must
be a fb member to access
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1438657016298101/
] ... [© bclocalnews.com]

+ ($16+k SOLO/sparrow 1seat .ca EV> .cn made r:100mi ts:82mph)
https://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/910619/electrameccanica-vehicles-gears-up-for-2020-launch-of-the-solo-electric-car-in-los-angeles-910619.html
ElectraMeccanica Vehicles gears up for 2020 launch of the SOLO electric car
in Los Angeles
14 Jan 2020  The company took delivery of 50 pilot production vehicles from
China for on-road validation testing throughout the US and Canada. The car
is all-electric like a Tesla but way more affordable. The compact SOLO, an
electric one-seater vehicle costs $16,250 – around half the ...
https://static2.proactiveinvestors.com/thumbs/upload/News/Image/2020_01/672z311_1579018043_2020-01-14-11-07-23_e6880478ea3c8da362ba8856bc7b061e.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/