From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of EVDL Administrator via
EV
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:51 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: EVDL Administrator <evp...@drmm.net>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Hybrids beat EVs on ACEEE greenest car list

On 23 Jan 2020 at 16:24, paul dove via EV wrote:

> I personally have issues with non-profits that have unknown funding
sources.

I'm not an attorney, but my understanding of US law is that nonprofit
organizations are required to disclose only "unrelated business income"
and not their donors.  Many reveal donors anyway, to show that they
support "transparency."

This says something about those that don't.  Very often  organizations
that have large donations from very rich people keep those identites
private.

I have no information about this particular group, but it should come as
no surprise that people whose wealth comes from exploiting petroleum
and/or selling ICEVs might not want the general public to know that
they're the principal source of funding for organizations that advocate
for business as usual when it comes to such issues as EV adoption and
climate change.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator

Information: http://www.evdl.org/help/ = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =