https://autos.yahoo.com/tesla-model-long-range-plus-161800462.html
New Tesla Model S Long Range Plus Claims 390 Miles on a Charge
February 15, 2020  Joey Capparella  [Car and Driver]

[image
https://media.zenfs.com/en/car_and_driver_581/cc8588c2a16d458d937bbe8a85fca5b7
 Tesla

share
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1228541579679322112
Elon Musk @elonmusk · Feb 14, 2020
    Tesla Model S estimated EPA range is now above 390 miles or ~630 km
https://t.co/sNFzIkuJpC
    Design Your Model S | Tesla

    Design and order your Tesla Model S, the safest, quickest electric car
on the road. Learn about lease and loan options, warranties, EV incentives
and more  https://t.co/sNFzIkuJpC

Elon Musk @elonmusk
    All S/X cars made in recent months have actually been above stated EPA
range. Will be unlocked soon for free via software update.
    10:48 PM - Feb 14, 2020
]

From Car and Driver

  - Tesla has added new Long Range Plus versions of the Model S and Model X
with longer driving ranges.
  - The Model S Long Range Plus claims 390 miles of range and the Model X
claims 351 miles of range.
  - These models serve as the base variants, starting at $81,190 and $86,190
for the Model X.

Tesla’s Elon Musk has claimed that his company will soon sell an EV with 400
miles of range, and he’s getting closer than ever. A new Tesla Model S Long
Range Plus variant has a claimed driving range of 390 miles, according to
the Tesla website. There is also a Long Range Plus version of the Model X
SUV, which is rated at 351 miles of range. Neither of these models are
listed on the EPA website, yet, so these new range numbers are Tesla
estimates.

Tesla has not provided any details on how it added the additional range, and
the only change we can see on the Model S is a new set of 19-inch standard
wheels with a so-called Tempest design. We do know that there is some sort
of software tweak involved, as Musk tweeted that the company will roll out a
software update for existing Model S and Model X owners to unlock extra
range. We assume that only Model S and Model X Long Range cars built in the
last few months will be eligible for this update.

The Long Range Plus models now serve as the base configuration for both the
Model S and Model X. They start at $81,190 for the Model S and $86,190 for
the Model X, and they replace the previous base models—called Long
Range—that were EPA-rated at 370 miles for the Model S and 328 miles for the
Model X. In our testing, a Model S Long Range achieved an estimated 222
miles of range in our 75-mph highway test.
[© yahoo.com]

+ (v)
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-roof-rack/
Tesla Model Y spotted testing with roof racks installed
February 23, 2020  A Tesla Model Y with roof racks has been spotted, giving
us a first look at how the roof-mounted rails will appear on the
all-electric crossover ...
https://youtu.be/Vuo3QQKtMis

For EVLN EV-newswire posts view:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/