Part of this is that the OEMs think that any info about the battery is confidential information.  Which is why SoC is optional, and not always sent to the charger.

And yes, you are absolutely correct, Peri:  you DON'T want to read these specs... they are a very good cure for insomnia.

Cheers, Peter

On 3/17/20 7:05 AM, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:
Do you know more, yourself ? I don't really want to study the spec :)
Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "paul dove" <dov...@bellsouth.net>
To: "Peri Hartman" <pe...@kotatko.com>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 17-Mar-20 4:52:28 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] DC charging damages EV packs (?fact or anti-EV-hype?)

DC fast chargers use HCL defined in ISO 15118-8 Specification.

Volume eight is the physical and data link layer

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2020, at 11:42 PM, Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

I thought the level 3 chargers took into account cell temperature and other conditions. I know, for example, that my almost 10 year old Leaf battery charges at only about 10kw now. Something is communicating.

Peri