From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of Mr. Sharkey via EV
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 3:33 PM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: Mr. Sharkey <mrshar...@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] : V2g for DIY EV's

 > With modern electronics you could react very quickly if the draw  >
dropped (current flow started to go negative) and essentially never  >
backfeed the grid.

Such a project is already developed and it's Open Source!

http://openenergymonitor.org/

I was involved in this project in the very early stage, and contributed
some knowledge about the inner workings of revenue-grade kilowatthour
meters.

At the time, I was dumping excess PV production into the bottom element of
my water heater by detecting the rotation and speed of a mechanical
(spinning disc type) kWh meter using an optical mouse.
Direction and speed information was then fed to a servo-driven 60 ampere
Variac autotransformer, which supplied the variable voltage to the H20
heater element. It successfully stripped 99% of the PV production over
house demand every month for a couple of years before I obtained a net
metering contract from my utility.