Nope.  Nice thought, though.

The author of that piece is in Australia.  Maybe he sees most clearly what's
going on in western Europe and southeast Asia.  (I'm not so sure about
Australia.)

For many of those nations, bar Italy, EV sales are on a rapid upward slope.
That's in large part because their governments are actually trying to do
something to combat carbon emissions, and paying for it.

You know how the big automakers still sell their old, less-safe and more-
polluting vehicle designs in smaller, less wealthy, less regulated nations?
They'll do that with their ICEVs, in the US and elsewhere, even as they're
developing more capable (and bigger; sigh) EVs for places that want them.

Global ICE car sales may continue to taper off, but I don't see them getting
anywhere close to zero by 2040, much less by 2026.  I hope I'm wrong.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my