On Fri Sep 18 15:39:27 PDT 2020 cor.vandewa...@gmail.com said:
>Technically that is a 32s pack, each of the 16 modules has 2 series pairs
>of cells (total 4 cells in a Leaf module).

Very technically, and saying 10p32s with the term "Leaf Module" would be VERY
confusing.
I use the term for the Unit I'm using in Series and Parallel.

>You should clarify that you specify the peak voltage, not the nominal.
In general, when I see chargers meant for Li chemistries, they list them by
Peak voltage.
Old chargers for Lead-Acid listed for nominal voltage.

>I see Leaf cells charged to 4.12v per cell, so then you get 132v peak if
Many people charge to 4.15, and some go clear to 4.2 (especially on old cells
that are near end of life anyway.)

>your pack is balanced, the BMS needs to be able to shut it down sooner when
>cells are not balanced. The best situation is where the BMS keeps the
>highest cell pegged at 4.12v and pulls the current down accordingly.

The general idea is the same for all batteries.

--

Bobcats and Cougars, oh my!  http://john.casadelgato.com/Pets