So now we know who keeps killing the electric car...

Steve's said...

Subject: Re: [EVDL] Bad Dealers (EV acceptance training)

I think it?s due to:

1. It?s still a niche market for traditional makers

2. Margins are low or negative (how many Volt ads do you see? Even when Chevy would do a ?here?s our lineup? ad, they would not show Volts). Pickups and SUVs are high profit 3. Dealer must invest in training and equipment 4. Yes, service brings in the money and EVs need much less service.

Most people don?t consider EVs because there is virtually no marketing for them. Ads, unfortunately, work on most people.

-Steve

Thank you,
David Delman