I think that's normal, there has to be some electronics one for remote to work?
My hybrids did this too, in fact, even my old 1994 estima does this, no remotes.
-----Original Message-----
From: EV On Behalf Of Glenn Brooks via EV
Sent: Wednesday, 21 April 2021 4:46 pm
To: p...@ingineerix.com; Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: Glenn Brooks <brooks.gl...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] From my nissan leaf .com: Why the Leaf 12v system
undercharges the 12v battery.

Hmm, Phil’s comment about battery drain is very interesting.  Up until last
year, My daughter had an older Lexus SUV hybrid . She worked in San Francisco
and walked to work, so the car stayed parked for weeks sometimes. When parked
for a week, the battery pack and the lead acid battery always went dead from
some mysterious , undetectable current draw.  Neither the dealer or Lexus ever
traced ( or admitted a design flaw) in the supposed stray current, when parked.
 We never figured it out. Finally talked her into selling the d#%n thing.
Wondering if something to do with cell monitoring was killing the batteries.

It’s gone out of our life, ( dad’s are the 24 hr on call emergency fixit guys),
but still curious.