Though I have never met them in person, I am quite familiar with Mike
and Shari from their monthly contributions to the HomePower magazine
about EV conversion in the late 90s and early 00s. My interest in EVs
and in particular conversions was mainly due to their articles, I
believe that they usually were from Shari's hand but I am not sure.
BTW, https://www.homepower.com/ allows you to download all issues from
their 31 years of existence for non commercial use.
I see one of the EV conversion articles on page 100 of issue 70 for example.
Cor.