Here is the daily CAISO report.

http://www.caiso.com/PublishedDocuments/WindSolarCurtailmentReport.pdf

It shows that the vast majority of curtailment events is due to local
system congestion, and not because of demand.

I expect that remotely-positioned MW-scale solar farms are much more
susceptible to congestion issues than rooftop solar. I'm also not sure that
rooftop-scale solar supports curtailment.

On-site production allows for on-site self consumption, without tieing up a
capacity on the local/regional grid. On-site production with storage
further increases the time period where a site can operate without
depending on the local/regional grid.

Energy storage at the production sites would improve the match between
production supply and transmission capacity.

Energy storage near customers would improve the match between distribution
capacity and customer demand.