Thanks Lee
My extension cord power company said they won’t do anything unless it hits 7%
over 240V and since I’m near the substation , I see it 250-252V so the folks at
the end of the line miles away aren’t too low.  Most local pole peg
transformers don’t have taps anymore to save $$ so it’s up to the customer to
put bucking transformers in on sensitive equipment.  Most appliances are power
loads with the wattage the same as they draw less current (no change in meter
billing) at a high line condition but solar inverters must run higher than the
line to push back current.  They use the switching power supply universal
85-264V operational range so always operating near the high end. I told Enphase
to bump up their voltage to be mid range operational but they won’t do it due
to increased cost for higher voltage components.  I can copy the club. I don’t
have a problem with gmail although sometimes the settings block Outlook email
and have to reset to allow secondary devices.
Best regards
Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2021, at 1:16 AM, Lee Hart <leeah...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Mark Hanson via EV wrote:
> Hi Cor etc
> I have the same issue, our pole pigs are set to 250V split phase no taps
> (taps only at local sub station) due to rural feed on an extension cord
> company (rural coop) so the folks far away get 240ish.  This causes the solar
> Enphase 64 inverters to hit 264V at 2pm and then pop.  Since Enphase didn’t
> do a FMEA , I found out from the recorded data, dying on high line after
> about half of them died. The fix (since the power company refused to change
> the sun station tap, said they did but didn’t ) is to get two 6.3V toroid
> core 120V transformers (can not be EI core for idle losses) and put the
> secondaries out of phase in buck mode in series with each 120V hot side thus
> reducing the 250V to 237.4V and the inverters no longer drop out at 264V and
> pop.  My 3 EV charging stations for the Leaf, Bolt and Tesla don’t care since
> they have wider range switching power supply/chargers in the cars and don’t
> see over 250V since they’re a load and not a source.

Hi Mark,

I can't post to the EVDL; Earthlink started using Vadesecure last month, and
the EVDL listserver (and others) won't accept email from it. (grump grump...)

But I wanted to mention I've had exactly the same problem. My line voltage
tends to be a bit high, and PV pushes it even higher. My Enphase hasn't died
yet (thankfully), but my Trace Microsine trips off at 126 vac. That prompted me
to do exactly as you did; I installed a buck/boost transformer to drop the AC
line voltage a bit so the inverter doesn't trip off.

It's no doubt protecting the Enphase (which I got from you) as well!

Best wishes, and hope you and your family are well.

Lee Hart

--
We aren't devoting nearly enough scientific research to find a cure for
the most recent pandemic; contagious stupidity.