Hi Folks,

I found the trick of how to see KWH on my Tesla-Y.  While charging , I hold
my finger on the *miles* guessometer and it changes to percent and at the
same time *KWH* is displayed in the charging screen.  Then you can divide
the dollars by the KWH to get the cost per KWH.  It's interesting that Tesla
is about 28c per KWH and Electrify America is 43c per KWH for CCS/Chademo
5:1 ratio charging.  I wonder why Tesla is less expensive?  At home it's
free off my solar panels J

I noticed on the converters used, the newer 20-21' installs are 250-350KW
split into 4 fast charging cable/stations.  Most have two converters and 8
charging stations.  The 18' ish fast charging had one 150KW converter
feeding two charging cable/stations.  For 8 stations, they had 4 converters.
I noticed while going to/from Florida, that some converters were enclosed in
a wood privacy fence about 10' high (blocking air flow from the upper
radiators) - so when it was hot and all stations were being used - some
dropped out from overheating, stopping those from getting charged until they
cooled off.  Converter 1 fed cable stations 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D and converter 2
fed cable stations 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, so I moved my car to the other bank for
initial high current charge.  Since I'm retiring at Christmas, maybe Tesla
could use some converter help J

Have a renewable energy day,

Mark

Mark E. Hanson

184 Vista Lane

Fincastle, VA 24090

540-473-1248 phone & FAX, 540-816-0812 cell

REEVA: community service RE & EV project club

Website: www.REEVAdiy.org (See Project Gallery)

UL Certified PV Installer

My RE&EV Circuits: www.EVDL.org/lib/mh

REEVA Demo:  <http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0> http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0

<https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/a88920376f864ecabaed843dd89
75b8d/signature> Fincastle Solar Weather Station