We have been converting over a decade. Solar panels about 15 years ago. Cost
too much and too small. However it makes it big difference when you can do a
lot of chores using 120vac appliances. We replaced the 1935 electric water
heater with a new one in 2015. We bought a used Bosch ventless clothes dryer
for a hundred bucks. Bought three induction cook plates new or used for 50
bucks or less each. Bought a $99 Oster French door oven which will do 16-inch
pizzas or a small turkey as well as casseroles. Have a crockpot. We use space
heaters so I suppose it would be cheaper to go heat pump. I'll talk to Cor
about that. All in all we did it on the cheap even selling our old gas stove
which paid for all the induction hot plates. Very convenient. You can move them
around and put them away to make room to chop food. Our total transportation
and household energy cost was $450 for last year which included transportation
with EVs totaling 12k miles for two cars and all household usage. We did try to
use energy while the sun shines and took advantage of free charging at work and
at Nissan dealers. Lawrence Rhodes....

On Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:47:49 PM PST, Cor van de Water