I generally agree with you, but I believe these particular straps are "grounded" intentionally ( no paint, etc.....while all the other bolts are just coincidentally grounded.....but may have paint that could potentially block the conduction.....)

Since the repair is free to have done under the recall, it's better to do it than not, if only so that if/when you want to sell the car there is no outstanding recalls listed for it.

Jay