Availability of 62kWh packs is extremely limited, because all are
takeouts from Salvage Leafs and since I believe this pack is only
available since 2018, there is a finite number and the cars are still
going for large sums in salvage sales.
I wanted for a langer time to upgrade an older Leaf, both as a
challenge and as a way to get a long range EV for less money. I
already created a longish (100 mi) truck with 2 parallel (used) Leaf
packs some 5 years ago but the newer Leaf packs are not as easy to
reconfigure for use in a different form factor, so I was more or less
stuck with a Leaf to upgrade.
Originally the previous owner of this pack (who bought it from a
company selling used packs) was asking 11k for it but eventually
(after quite some patience) they agreed to a better deal. Part of it
was that the pack was damaged in that the shell was torn and thus
there was a risk of water intrusion and damage to the pack, which
seems not have affected the pack as far as I can tell, but since the
enclosure can't be opened (glued shut), I can only judge by its
behavior.
I did repair the cuts and tears to avoid getting water intrusion while using it.
I also arranged to get a battery plug from a 2013+ Leaf to plug into
the new pack, because 2011/12 battery control plugs are different.
I did not buy the cap to close off the second High Voltage socket, but
managed to close it with the same solution I used to repair the
damaged enclosure.
I did buy longer (metric) bolts to mount the taller pack.
I did not bother with new plastic belly pans or the two brackets to
mount above the rear axle. Maybe later I will ask a friend to weld an
extension to those two brackets and bolt those to the mounting points
in the back of the pack.
The most critical part of the upgrade is a CAN bridge, which gets
inserted between the car and the CAN bus to the battery (in the
battery control wire loom) and which translates the communication
between car and battery, allowing the car to see the extra capacity
and properly talk to the new battery without going into the limp mode
when it does not recognise the battery identity. I got mine from Dala
in Finland, but there is EVsEnhanced and even local guys who import in
larger quantities to get the cost down.
Since I am monthly Patreon supporter of Dala, I got discount on the
CAN bridge from him.
Note that all CAN bridge hardware is essentially identical, I believe
it is designed by Muxsan, who does Leaf upgrades in Delft in The
Netherlands. It is where my Alma Mater is, so I am proud that he is
doing this, even though I did not interact with him directly.

Concluding - with a cheap older Leaf that has a deteriorated pack
(mine showed 22 mi range fully charged) that could be had well below
$3k (prices have changed since the oil price spike), the 62kWh pack
(40kWh should be several thousand cheaper) and the extra acessories, I
have a ~250mi 10 year old Leaf for under $12k with several hours of
hunting info and a day of actual wrenching.

Hope this gives an idea,
Cor.