From: "EV List Lackey via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "EV List Lackey" <evp...@drmm.net>
Sent: 13-Jun-22 09:44:38
Subject: [EVDL] EVLN: DC plans (accidental) EV tax

Washington DC plans to increase yearly vehicle license fees from $72 to $175
for vehicles over 3500lb.  Owners of vehicles with weight over 5000lb would
get hit with $250, and over 6000lb, $500.

The proposal is aimed at discouraging purchase of big SUVs and pickups, and
compelling their owners to pay for the heavy vehicles' greater social costs
(traffic injuries and deaths, road degredation).

They seem to have forgotten that EV batteries add weight.  This will raise
license fees on almost all production EVs.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-26/a-new-way-to-curb-the-
rise-of-oversized-pickups-and-suvs

Shortcut: https://v.gd/Umr8Jm

Mini Cooper SE Electric 3144lb - $72
Nissan Leaf 3538lb - $175
Tesla 3 SR Plus 3582lb - $175
Chevrolet Bolt 3589lb - $175
Hyundai Kona Electric 3715lb - $175
Kia Niro EV 3854lb - $175
Kia EV6 4023lb - $175
Ford Mustang Mach E 4394lb - $175
VW ID4 4559lb - $175
Tesla S LR 4561lb - $175
Tesla X LR 5185lb - $250
Ford F150 Lightning 6015lb - $500
GMC Hummer EV 9046lb - $500

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Some people ask, "Why?" Others ask, "Why not?"
     Then later they say, "Oh."

                              -- Found on the Net