On 7/1/22 06:03, EV List Lackey via EV wrote:
On 30 Jun 2022 at 7:23, Jay Summet via EV wrote:

Also why you shouldn't use DOT 3 brake fluid for racing... He had
upgraded most of the stock brake system (rotors, calipers, etc) but
left/re-used the stock brake fluid.  Fluid boiled, gas in lines
reduced/eliminated proper operation.

Interesting.  It sounds as if hd tried to upgrade the brakes, but missed a
crucial modification. What kind of brake fluid should he have used?

Something with a higher wet and dry boiling point, such as RF1. [Which does qualify for on street applications...it just has a higher boiling point when compared to stock DOT3 fluid...]

It may be a provocative question, but does it make sense for Tesla to build
a car that can reach 170+mph, but not fit it with racing-class brakes at the
factory?  Are the stock brakes adequate for that kind of speed on the road?

Well, you do have to put it into Track Mode to achieve those speeds, so I guess the question is....should they include Track Mode in the software?

Do ICE muscle car manufacturers such as Lambourghini, Aston-Martin, McLaren,
and Ferrari also fit street-performance brakes to their 190mph beasts?

I'm not familiar with their braking systems, but given their price points and lack of the regen option, I'd suspect they may have better stock brakes.

Jay