On Fri Jul 08 15:05:48 PDT 2022 ev@lists.evdl.org said:
>> Recently, a Bloomberg Intelligence analysis pegged VW as the most
>> likely contender to become the top electric vehicle manufacturer in 2024

Highly unlikely they'll catch up to Tesla by then.  Bloomberg seems to assume
that Tesla sales won't increase by then.

>> ... Bloomberg cites the fact that "Volkswagen is investing up to EUR30
>> billion in the supply chain, including the opening of six new
>> battery-cell plants in Europe by 2030." ... a dedicated division

>Tesla seems to have bet more heavily on China.  I've read recently that
>Tesla are supposedly working a battery deal with BYD, which have themselves
>been seeing triple-digit year-on-year sales gains.
>
>I think I've also read that an increasing proportion of the EVs Tesla sells
>in Europe are shipped in from China.

Since they had no factories in Europe, that was what was happening.
With the new Gigafactory ramping up in Germany that will change soon.
Sales in the US are set to climb fast with the Texas Gigafactory ramp up as
well.

Tesla has also been getting long-term contracts for battery materials, which
none of the other auto makers have done yet.

--

Try my Sensible Email package!  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sensibleemail/