On 20 Sep 2022 at 20:03, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:

> This article makes Sayona look pretty angelic.

It certainly isn't a very critical piece.  Environmental considerations of
lithium mining and refining are mostly relegated to impediments for the poor
tormented mine owners, rather than being discussed in any serious way.

> If they can succeed in producing lithium without any significant CO2
> output, that might drastically improve the advantage of EVs, where the
> current construction of EVs produces considerably more greenhouse gases
> than for construction of ICEs.

Interesting.  Can you cite some specific carbon emission numbers, and maybe
provide a source?

Also, semi-rhetorical question: when will we see NiMH batteries in EVs?  My
understanding is that the Cobasys Cripple expired in 2018.

Popular media take it as given that EVs require lithium, and it just isn't
so.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     No one man can terrorize a whole nation unless we are all his
     accomplices.

                                                -- Edward R Murrow

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/