On 6/13/2023 11:02 AM, Lee Hart via EV wrote:
Jay Summet via EV wrote:
My understanding is that a Level 2 (J1772) charger does basically that.

Yes; and perhaps that is why they want to drop it in favor of a more data-invasive charging system. We EV owners are getting the early "benefit" of these "improvements".

Lee, even if you have a NACS port - you aren't going to get all J1772 stations replaced, ESPECIALLY if you require them to be smart and connected.   The home NACS is essentially a J1772 with a different plug.  The J1772 adapter is small and simple.

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/