On 23 Jun 2023 at 10:18, Jay Summet via EV wrote:

> The cost is subsidized by my local city, a local employer, etc...  So it
> would be perfectly feasable to "drive for free" if I was willing to
> drive a few miles and wait to charge.

That's what Margaret did when we first got the Zoe.  We didn't have an EVSE
yet because we had to have the prehistoric electrical panel replaced and the
service upgraded first.  The granny cord that came with the car worked, but
it was sloooooooooooooooow.

Normally she'd walk or bike the 2km to the grocery, but when the car got
below 40% she drove there and charged for free while she bought groceries.
With a 22kW AC charge on a 52kWh battery, all she had to do was spend 45m to
an hour shopping and the car would be at 80% or better.  I think she could
probably spend that much time just picking through the short-date cut-price
section.  :-)

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Finnegans Wake is the best example of modernism disappearing
     up its own fundament.

                                                    -- JG Ballard

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/