Not just a Model X slipping into the sea at a Florida boat launch recently
(look it up if you haven't read about it), but in worldwide sales.

Even though BYD sells only buses in the US, it's just about caught up with
Tesla worldwide.

BYD is gaining on Tesla probably because Tesla only offers large, relatively
expensive EVs.  BYD has a wider model range, including the sharp-looking A-
segment Seagull - not available in Europe, but selling for about US$10k in
China.

Full story:

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-byd-tesla-electric-car-ev-race-2023-11

Though I have yet to see (or at least notice) anything Chinese here other
than a growing number of Dacia Springs, Chinese EV sales are reportedly
growing rapidly elsewhere in the EU.

In September the EU started looking into exactly how much the Chinese
government is subsidizing those EVs. If they find significant "dumping,"
they can tack on tariffs to make up the price difference.

Meanwhile, Stellantis and Renault have come out swinging with big, ambitious
plans to cut their EU EV manufacturing costs and introduce more price-
competitive EVs.  They're aiming for well under EUR25k, and possibly under
EUR20k (around US$22k).

The B-segment Citroen EC3, with 320km range, is expected to go for EUR23,300
next year.  A reduced range version in 2025 might be as cheap as EUR19,900.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the
     present.

                            -- Bill Watterson, "Calvin and Hobbes"

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/