And not just selling them here, but building them here.

(Interesting that the phrase "in BYD's sights" popped into my head for this
post, but I digress.)

The lead (IMO) is buried at the end of this CNN story:

"BYD sent a big delegation to a car show in Germany last September. A
spokesman said then that the company was aiming to double the number of
dealer partners in Europe in 2023 and was targeting overseas sales of
250,000, up from about 56,000 in 2022.

"Last month, it announced it would build an EV factory in Hungary, which
would be its first passenger car plant in Europe. It already has a bus
factory in Komárom, Hungary."

The main drift of the story is that BYD outsold Tesla in the last quarter of
2023, but I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned here before that they were on
track to do so.

Full story:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/02/cars/china-byd-ev-sales-increase-tesla-
intl-hnk/index.html

or https://cntp.me/9QpI366

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

Only time will tell if we stand the test of time.

     -- Eddie van Halen, "Why Can't This be Love"

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/