On 12 Feb 2024 at 8:58, (-Phil-) via EV wrote:

> I guess the Army is worried the Taliban and Houthi are going to switch from
> their favorite Toyota trucks to EVs soon and try to drive them into their
> bases:

The weight of that Rivian is whacko.  Same for the zombie Hummer and the
Cyberturkey.  Sheer lunacy.

But I wish they wouldn't make such a big deal about EVs.  ALL vehicles -
regardless of drive system - have been porking out at an alarming rate for
decades.

There seems to be no will to regulate this, so I guess we'll have to spend
our taxes trying to compensate with improved highway barrier systems.

If designing barriers to resist  "hostile vehicles" (shades of Stephen
King's Christine) is the way they justify the investment, so be it.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Politician: From the Greek "poly" ("many") and the French "tete"
     ("head" or "face," as in "tete-a-tete": head to head or face to
     face).  Hence "polytetien," a person of two or more faces.

                                                       -- Martin Pitt

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/