France has suspended its EV "social leasing" program.  It was too
successful.

In France, EVs don't seem to have quite the same "rich people's car" image
they have in the US.  The French government was nevertheless keen to put
more low income folks in EVs.  So in late autumn they announced a subsidized
EV leasing program for low income French.  Payments were supposed to be 100
to 150 euros per month, but the automakers managed to work the subsidies to
get the payments as low as 40 euros per month.

Lessees had to be working, have a household income below the French median,
and drive at least 8000km/year for work OR live at least 15km from their
workplaces.

Just 6 weeks into 2024, they've suspended the program.  They'd planned for
20,000 to 25,000 lessees.  They quickly shot past that, found extra funding
for up to 50,000 leases, and now they've surpassed THAT number.

More:

https://www.electrive.com/2024/02/13/france-suspends-ev-leasing-programme-
for-low-income-earners/

or https://v.gd/vo0M2o

or https://cntp.me/ilibriU

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Nowadays it's not important if a story's real.  The only
     thing that really matters is whether people click on it.

                              -- Neetzan Zimmerman of Gawker

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/