Dear Plonistas,

As many of you know, I work for a nonprofit organization, ONE/Northwest. But many of you work for small-and-growing consulting firms or other for-profit entities. Nonetheless many of you have a strong social benefit ethic in your work, whereby you seek to do good while you earn a livelihood.

I've recently become aware of B Corporation (http://www.bcorporation.net), a cool new initiative to create standards for and to "shine the light" upon social benefit corporations, and to help corporations incorporate social benefit concepts into their legal governance structures.

Interestingly, they've also partnered with Salesforce.com Foundation to make the Salesforce CRM platform available to B Corporations at an 80% discount. (See http://www.csrwire.com/News/11396.html).

I could see quite a few of the Plone consulting shops I know finding it very interesting to explore and be visible in this new community.

best,
jon