I suggest that we put together a standard form of wording, in response to
people who suffer performance problems with plone.org and/or related
distribution channels.

It's absolutely true that a problem with launchpad.net is beyond our
control; that a download failure for an old-style third-party add-on can
bring a modern buildout of Plone to a halt; and those in the know realise
that improvements to plone.org are ongoing and necessarily staged. However,
in the chat room and forums (primary means of support):

* the responses to people who find performance problems are sometimes, too

Brevity without explanation can be misinterpreted as not caring. It's always
nice to apologise, even if a problem is beyond our control.

With a standard form of wording — ideally posted as an FAQ in Plone support
— we can easily (even when we're busy) allow people to understand how/why
things are:

* sometimes imperfect
* improving in a structured way
* sometimes beyond our control.

Performance issues may be exceptional, yes, but they _do_ tend to shape
people's first/early impressions of Plone, so let's treat sufferers with kid

Fellow evangelists:

* what wording would we like?

Kind regards

PS for at least two things, I apologise :)
PPS I hesitated before sending this message, so maybe that count is at least
Sent from the Evangelism mailing list archive at Nabble.com.