Yes, I've thought that the Plone community could do this in a big way like
other CMS communities have done.

If you can, use social networking stuff to tell your story as it unfolds -
flickr pics, Twitter tweets, blog posts. Get some video on blip.tv or
YouTube, including someone representing the charity.

Most of all, have fun! :)

- Gerry

blog: http://gerrykirk.net
daily musings at http://twitter.com/gerrykirk