Hi Nate,

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 11:19 -0400, Nate Aune wrote:
> We may want to mention in our presentations that a new Plone book is
> coming out in December that is the result of many authors' hard work.
> The book is called "Plone 3 Through the Web" and it's available for
> pre-order on the Packt Publishing website.
> http://www.packtpub.com/building-plone-websites-through-the-graphical-interface/book
>

> One idea would be to raffle this book (as a door prize) to one lucky
> attendee at your World Plone Day event. You would get their email
> address and mailing address, and send it to them when the book comes
> out.  People love free stuff!  And a percentage of the book sales go
> to the Plone Foundation, so you're helping Plone when you buy this
> book. :)
>

> This also gives you an opportunity to get the email address of each
> attendee, and provide an "opt-in" way for them to get more info about
> Plone. After the WPD, you follow up with them by email or phone, thank
> them for coming to WPD, and ask if they have any further questions
> about Plone.

1 current arrangement we have with Packt for WPD is to get 8 names of
people from throughout the world (based on a 'survey prize draw' was the
idea) and send these names to Packt and they will send out a book to
each of them. What I could ask my contact at Packt is whether we can
instead change the 'prize' to be 1 of these books? What do you think?

-Tim