Am 15.12.2008 um 20:04 schrieb Roberto Allende:

Anyway, there are many things to improve and you're very welcome to share ideas and/or work on them.

Oh I was just complaining that a not so unimportant open source site moves away from Zope to a php-based system.

We have a pretty good visibility in Germany concerning fairs. We are at the CeBIT, the LinuxTag and the Systems with an own booth promoting Zope and Plone covering the most important fairs so far. Though I must admit that all this is shouldered by quite a few people. And thats the real problem. We're missing people who just write about Plone and Plone products in magazines or blog about it.

I am sure that next years WPD will be a bigger success than the first this year.

Concerning the Heise-event I mentioned we have a problem due to the concept of this event. Its a business-event labelled open source, that means that smaller and bigger companies spend a lot of money to be sponsors of this event and have the opportunity to present their things to the audience not only in the conference programme. Last year we had a talk at "Open Source Meets Business" but this year there won't be no Zope/Plone talk.

Having a talk there is not enough, it is better to have a booth, but a booth is only for sponsors.

What do you think about listing strategic events, where we have no visibility at all in the last years and see, if we can improve it?

For Germany I would propose:

"Open Source Meets Business": an annual three days conference organized by the Heise Verlag, the most important publishing house for it topics. Conference fee is high, everybody is wearing a business suit. ;-)

The topic of a talk should not be technical. A good case study would be suitable.

juh

--
DZUG e.V. (Deutschsprachige Zope User Group)
http://www.zope.de