You are subscribed to the Mac EvangeList - <http://www.MacEvangeList.com>

I have a G4 connected to an Airport 2 base station via Ethernet (The G4's
modem is dead). The airport connects to the internet via dial-up to my ISP.
Trouble is, if the base station is configured to dial automatically, then it
does so every time I restart or log-in to the G4, because OSX always tries
to connect at startup. (Not very good for the phone bill) If I disable
automatic connection, then there is no way I know of to tell the base
station to connect when required.

Does anyone know of a way to tell an Ethernet-connected base station to
dial? Apple's solution is to buy a new internal modem ($400, I'd rather
not).

Jamie Benaud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--