You are subscribed to the Mac EvangeList - <http://www.MacEvangeList.com>

Thanks to all those who made suggestions for my problem. To recap, I have a
G4 connected to an airport base station via Ethernet. I was after a way for
the G4 to tell the base station to connect/disconnect a dial-up connection.
(I don't want the base station to connect automatically.)

I received over 50 responses, generally suggesting one of two things: 1.
Various methods of using Internet Connect or System Prefs. Unfortunately,
because the base station is connected via Ethernet, neither of these methods
will work. Both assume that the internet is available via Ethernet and
cannot order the base station to connect.

2. A very small freeware Java app called Airport Modem Utility, which is
available from <http://gicl.mcs.drexel.edu/sevy/airport>. This app opens a
small window allowing you to connect, disconnect and see the connection
speed of the base station, and because it's Java it runs on OS9, OSX,
Windoze and Unix.

The modem utility is ideal and does everything I need it to do.

Jamie Benaud
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
*9/11/2001*  We will never forget - http://www.windowscene.com