You are subscribed to the Mac EvangeList - <>

Microsoft to continue Mac support
By Ian Fried

update MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--As a five-year agreement with Apple Computer
draws to a close, Microsoft on Wednesday reiterated its support for the

"The agreement has ended, but our business is absolutely continuing," said
Kevin Browne, head of Microsoft's Macintosh Business Unit. However, Browne
did not commit to continuing support for a particular time frame.

"We'll continue this business as long as the business case makes sense," he
said, speaking at Microsoft's Silicon Valley campus here.

Browne said Microsoft is focused on developing Office and Internet Explorer
for the Mac, but he said the company would consider adding other titles if
it does not take up too much of the software maker's resources and if the
company can get a decent return for the efforts.

Microsoft is doing long-range planning, but it is only committing to one
version of software at a time, Browne said.

As previously reported, Browne said Apple and Microsoft are not currently in
talks to extend the five-year technology agreement, which actually ends in

Browne said he would be open to such a deal if it made sense, but he
downplayed the importance of the deal.

More here:

*9/11/2001*  We will never forget -

For subscribing, unsubscribing or changing to a digest or individual
version, visit <>

Send all submissions to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>