You are subscribed to the Mac EvangeList - <http://www.MacEvangeList.com>

I waited and kept trying to purchase H&R Block's TaxCut California program
for the last month. No matter what, my order would always hang on the secure
order site - akamai.com would show in the URL window at the bottom of my
browser, along with the words "Waiting for Reply." And that's how it would
stay, whether I left it cranking for one minute or one hour. I never was
able to make the purchase, and they don't have a physical disc you can buy
through snail mail - electronic only.

When I finally got through to a person and explained my problem, they said,
and I quote, "I guess you'll just have to do your state return by hand."

Has anyone else been successful purchasing a state program and downloading
it? Is it possible they just aren't bothering to port to Macs?

Of course, at this late date, I'm going to do it by hand, but the more I
think about it, the more pissed I get. Kiplinger always received very high
praise from Mac-centric reviewers in the past, but this year H&R Block has
taken over. I'm sitting here wondering what's going on.

Anyone?

TIA,

Robert

--