I am running EM reactor on a separate thread in Ruby application. I use it
to read requests off AMQP and respond. I noticed that after processing one
or two requests the processing stops - I figured this out by starting a
periodic timer:

EM.add_periodic_time(2) do
  puts "Tick"
end

I have noticed that this stops printing the ticks after a while. But I can
get any further on why the loop is terminating - an exception maybe? How
can I debug this?

Arindam