Hello my friends,

With this mail I wanted to inform you that I participated to FOSSCOMM [1], Greek annual conference of open source communities.

I had the first presentation after keynote speak (at other room though). I presented how to use ownCloud and I showed what I did at home (use ownCloud on Raspberry Pi). There were about 40-50 people in the room. They were interested about the security of the services, how I set it up at home (with Raspberry Pi), some of them were asking if it's possible to install it on rented host they have. I think I failed to explain that this is not dropbox that gives you space but the software you install and you set the disk space you want. I cleared this up though. They liked it very much.

A friend told me that they installed it at the university. They use an older version though. He told me that he might propose something to university (I didn't understand what though since I was too tired from previous presentations).

I also had a small booth there. I had brochures and buttons I gave away. People were asking me also what is ownCloud (they weren't at the presentation).

Since people from all around Greece were there, I managed to give some swag to people I know from many LUGs. I hope they'll present it to their group of people and they'll start using it.

So I have not enough of them left for future events. I guess I can cover 2 smaller events. For sure not the openSUSE conference (just in case someone -KLAAS- wants to have a booth).

You can see some pictures to my report [2]. Organizers will gather all the pictures from everyone. When I have them, I'll update my post. Also they edit the videos. I'll update my post as well.

Have phun,
/Stathis

[1] http://hua.fosscomm.gr/
[2] http://eiosifidis.blogspot.gr/2013/04/report-fosscomm-2013-april-20-21.html

--
http://about.me/iosifidis
http://eiosifidis.blogspot.gr

Great leaders don't tell you what to do...
They show you how it's done.