Hey,

there is the annual German Ubuntu Users Conference (if you dislike Canonical: is is fully community driven), this year taking place in Heidelberg in October [1][2]. At Ubucon other Ubuntu flavors are highly welcome (I say it as Kubuntu user).

In the past two years I have been giving talks and a workshop about ownCloud. The ownCloud talks [3] have always been well-visited, the app dev workshop not so much. However, I will probably not be able to attend this year. Since it would be sad not to have a talk this year again, maybe someone of you wants to propose a talk (or workshop or discussion).

Cheers
Arthur

[1] http://ubucon.de/2013 (German)
[2] CfP: http://ubucon.de/2013/cfp (German)