Hi wolfgang,

only for information, firefox from firefox homepage

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
(the tar.bz2 binary)

seems to work fine (installed inside homedirectory).
i have not checked everything now.

the addon suse desktop integration has not a correct validation,
but the check could be overwritten in
about:config. xpinstall.signatures.required false

it finds out of the box the adonns, not the plugins,
(i have the opensuseversion not deinstalled up to now)
musst do that and take a look about the plugins.
maybe i have then to set some symbolic links.

simoN

> Firefox 38 requires gcc >= 4.7 which is not provided by 11.4. So given
> the best effort approach  for 11.4 this is out of scope for me
> unfortunately.

Hi wolfgang,
thanks for trying it!

only for info:

"inofficial" gcc 4.7 for 11.4:
home:/draht:/ff/draht_openSUSE_11.4/x86_64
home:/dsterba:/grsecurity:/Evergreen/openSUSE_Evergreen_11.4/x86_64

simoN

Am 30.12.2015 um 16:20 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
> Am 29.12.2015 um 22:04 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
>> Am 29.12.2015 um 20:28 schrieb Simon Becherer:
>>> ..  and by the way,
>>> anybody out there who is still using firefox at 11.4 ? and is
>>> able to do there a update? (wolfgang has done this also
>>> all the times in the past) - many thanks for this also....
>>
>> this is by far more complicated. I think I never got 38ESR building on
>> 11.4 and had to drop FF (and TB) support for 11.4.
>> I'll try again but I expect far too much efforts required in doing so.
>> There is only very low chance to make this possible.
>
> Firefox 38 requires gcc >= 4.7 which is not provided by 11.4. So given
> the best effort approach  for 11.4 this is out of scope for me
> unfortunately.
>

> Wolfgang

B e c h e r e r GmbH
Sondermaschinenbau
Mauermatten Strasse 22
79183 Waldkirch
Germany

Tel.: (+49) (0)7681 3134
Fax:  (+49) (0)7681 4378
Mail: i...@becherer.de
Web:  www.becherer.de

USt-ID-Nr.: DE 814912198
Registergericht: Freiburg HRB 701860
Geschäftsführer:
Dipl.-Ing. (FH), EWE   Simon H. Becherer
Gerichtsstand / Sitz: Waldkirch

Es gelten ausschließlich unsere allgemeinen Liefer-
und Zahlungsbedingungen / Einkaufsbedingungen:
www.becherer.de/AGB