Hi,

on my laptop, with Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 wifi chip on a Haswell platform with openSuse 13.1 and kernel 3.12.53-40-desktop I have recently experienced severe problems using wifi.

More info can be found in my (sorry, German speaking) posts at
http://linux-club.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=121058
http://linux-club.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=121061

The bottom line is, that instead of the proper v7 firmware for kernels less than or equal to 3.12 (see also https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi#firmware), at least, on my system, firmware v8 was loaded.

Renaming the iwlwifi-7260-8.ucode firmware to blablabla and setting a soft link of the iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode firmware to a dummy iwlwifi-7260-8.ucode firmware solved the issues for me.

Xaver