/usr/lib/systemd/system/haveged.service in 13.1 haveged package (version
1.7c-2.1.2) contains

ExecStart=/usr/sbin/haveged -w 1024 -v 0 -F

so I guess the question should be exactly the opposite (i.e. how come
you have "-w 4096").

True.

Still, I have (had) 4 machines, stock 13.1, latest patches,
using -w 4096. Can't explain, though...

Bad news is that haveged seems to be one of the projects which just
release a source tarball from time to time but do not have a public VCS
repository. The bug was probably fixed between versions 1.8 and 1.9.0
together with many other changes so that isolating the fix would be
extremely difficult.

Since the latest repository version is at 1024, there is no public
problem, it seems..

Cheers, Tom.